Monday 25 August 2014

My Top 5 Books Every Indie Should Read

Here at Rock The Book we review Indie books and we present tips, tricks, and tools to help Indies out. This post is going to mash up those two concepts with a look at books that have helped me on my Indie journey.  All of these books have been instrumental with my own self-publishing and are guidebooks that I reference again and again.
Let's Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should (Let's Get Digital, #1)
Let's Get Digital 
by David Gaughran
This is the book that started it all for me.  In this book, Gauhran gives you the reasons why you should self-publish and the tools you need to get your manuscript published. If you are siting on the self-publishing fence, this will give you a much needed kick in the pants.
Write. Publish. Repeat. (The No-Luck-Required Guide to Self-Publishing Success)
Write. Publish Repeat 
by Sean Platt, Johnny B. Truant & David Wright
This informative book tells you all about the wonders of product funnels and how to keep your readers coming back. Definitely not an introduction to self-publishing, this book helps you set long term goals for your work and gives you the motivation to stick with it and keep on writing. Check out my full review of this book.
Let's Get Visible: How To Get Noticed And Sell More Books (Let's Get Digital, #2)
Let's Get Visible 
by David Gaughran
Gaughram makes my list again with this book on selling your self-publish work.  He decodes the mysteries of selling rank, best-selling lists and the wonder of tags. If you have a title published and want to boost its sales, this is worth a look. Check out my full review of this book.
Book Marketing is Dead: Book Promotion Secrets You MUST Know BEFORE You Publish Your Book
Book Marketing Is Dead 
by Derek Murphy
Book marketing often scares authors who would much rather write than market their work. In this book, Murphy breaks down the process into three stages that can be beneficial to a newbie or a more experienced author. When you finish this, you will have a plan in place of what to do to market your book. Check out my full review of this book.
Indie Authors Guide to the Universe
The Indie Author's Guide to The Universe 
by Jeff Bennington
This book has a little bit of everything. If you are only going to pick up one title, this would be my pick. Because it covers just about everything from why to self-publish, how to self-publish and even some marketing tips, this books lacks a little depth. Then again, it covers everything! Check out my full review of this book.

So there you have my top five books on self-publishing. If you are an Indie, or are contemplating becoming an Indie, you can't go wrong with checking out these titles.
Do you think I missed a title?
Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment