Thursday 28 August 2014

A Rocking Interview With G.P.A.

Today we have author and poet G.P.A. sharing his experiences with us. Checkout his website, or find him on Youtube, Amazon, and Press Release Point.

What made you decide to go Indie and self-publish?
Poetry, unless it is performed, is regarded in some circles as archaic or a dead art. Since i didn't have a "name" or was a celebrity, this way was the most viable option.

What do you think is the biggest challenge an Indie author faces?
Getting past the stigma of being an indie author first and the challenges that go with that label. But money to do the necessary things(promoting,travelling, etc) is a HUGE challenge.
What are you working on right now?
I am finishing Summer with Bobo(Here Comes the 6th Grade) and beginning work on Revenge of the Orgasm(The Hedonistic Diary). Also, I'm completing a live album of my performances.

What advice can you share with other Indie and aspiring Indie authors?
Write and read,write and read, then travel even if it is inside your own city. Experience new things. All of this enhances your writing.

What genre are your books?
Poetry that runs the gamut of topics(General, Children's, and Erotic).

Why do you write in the genre that you do?
I believe that I have been chosen to carry the torch for Poetry. I am her Champion.
Hi, My Name is Bobo.: (A Weekend in the Life of a 5th Grader) (Step into the World of Bobo)
How much research do you do when you write?
It has been said that there is a lot of detail that goes into my writing That is the case because I read,surf the net, watch movies, and listen to music to enrich the poetic experience so that it is cinematic.

When did you decide to become a writer?
In a federal camp in 2007, August 28th to be exact. 

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Whenever the mood hits or a deadline looms in the distance is when I write. But late nights and early mornings are especially gratifying times.

Do you work to an outline or plot, or do you prefer to just see where an idea takes you?
For me and the Poetry I pen, a combination of both is highly effective.

How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
My choices on what is put on paper, in a book, or performed are more careful. It has to all be in tune, the work and how I feel about it.
Displaying IMG_20140512_151853.jpg
How do you market your books?
I USE EVERYTHING THAT IS AVAILABLE AND WORKS FOR ME. Do the same. Helpful hint i just threw out. 

What part of your writing time do you devote to marketing your book?
Marketing is nonstop. It occupies the beginning, middle, and end of the writing process.

What’s your views on social media for marketing?
Greatest tool available.

Is there anything else you would like to add that you haven’t included?
G.P.A. is in the conversation of being one of the greatest poets ever. He is Poet,performer,author,storyteller,host, and innovator. Keep your eyes on him!! Thank you for this opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Thank-you Rock the Book for hosting me today and for all the work you do for Indie Authors around the world!

    ReplyDelete